Sunday, March 20, 2016

Growing My Social Capital- Rachel Mead

I chose to speak with Brett Watson as my domain expert. He is a pastor and teacher with two siblings who are also involved with education. He happens to be my Uncle as well so it was easy to get a hold of him over the phone. He recently decided to go back to school while staying involved with his work at the church so he knows the difficulty my customers are facing. The favor he has given me is support, guidance and confidence. In return, I try my best to follow his advice. Brett Watson would be an important component to my company because he knows how the educational system works and will be able to help me identify the steps I need to take to make my idea reality.

Justin Valletta is the market expert I spoke to. He is a tutor at UF. I spoke to Justin during one of our tutoring sessions. He provides with me with help in Calculus and in exchange, he gets practice teaching others. Justin would be a great person to include in my business because he agrees that students should get paid to study and related my idea to some graduate programs that pay you to attend school. He would be able to provide me with more insight on the day-to-day process of running my business since he is involved with one that is similar.

The supplier would be Thomas Tahmosh. Thomas Tahmosh is a mortgage loan officer and manages his own company. He is my step father so I just had to speak with him over the phone. Thomas would provide me with the funds and in return, he will be more likely to receive workers from my business who are more self motivated and driven to get things done under his supervision. Thomas will the driving force behind my business be the person helping me fund the organization so that I can pay students.

Although I think this assignment is helpful in recognizing that networking is essential to almost every business, it isn't much different than what I do and have done in the past already. I am constantly networking every day with many different people with various needs through school, work, and clubs.

4 comments:

  1. Good job with this post. The people you chose can definitely be an asset to your business. You can expand your plan with they help and advice. You have now found people to network with and help you in your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into this assignment, and picked several good choices for the people you talked to. I feel like this assignment was a little weird, and consequently I can't think of anymore constructive feedback for this. I do have a question about your idea though. What benefit to you does people studying provide? Why should you pay them to study? How will your business make any money? Good luck, here's a link to mine http://thegarrick.blogspot.com/2016/03/growing-my-social-capital.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachel, I enjoyed reading your post. Seems like you found the right person who are able to maximize your business idea. To me, this assignment was challenging since I barely know people who entrepreneur and I can reach to easily. Therefore, I contacted with students at UF who studies Business and are related to my business idea. You can take a look at my post here.
    http://yukikokurashima.blogspot.com/2016/03/growing-my-social-capital-week10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel, Good job! I really enjoyed reading your growing social capital, it was truly interesting. I know this assignment was quite difficult and time consuming but it seems you got through it easily. It is also good that you found the right set of people to help you with your business idea. I didn’t get a chance to do the assignment because I was caught up in other thing but you check out my blog:
    http://jamalbrown4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete