Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Secret Sauce- Rachel Mead

Five characteristics that I am proud of include my vision and ability to recognize that every decision I make ultimately affects my future. I also believe that I have a strong work ethic. I am able to face adversity and learn from it as well. Another attribute I believe I hold is my passion for various aspects that I am committed to. Lastly, I think I have a good sense of balance when it comes to my social life, family, friends, work, and school. I am interested to see what the five closest people have to say and whether they agree or not. 
I chose to speak to my mom, my three best friends, Cristal, Shail, and Matt, and my boyfriend David. My mom had the most to say because we have known each other the longest. I think she is the person who knows my aspirations in details and has seen the steps I've taken to achieve them. I really appreciate that she acknowledged my ability to be there for others without compromises my needs as well. Her and I have very similar views in general so I think her opinion matched mine and I was very happy to hear how proud she is of me and glad to have her support. Matt recognized my passion for animals and touched out my outgoing "care free" personality. I think this is something that I tend to forget just because I really do try to "go with the flow".  Shail also said that I'm caring and have a unique passion for animals. I don't necessarily try to be caring and it sort of comes naturally. David also believes I am compassionate person and I definitely try to demonstrate that attribute toward  him so it's nice to know he sees it. He also understands my love for animals and is very supportive. Cristal and I had similar things to say about each other. It's nice that we both have an appreciation for each other and can both be there for each other. We both see each other as sisters. 

I think their views are similar to mine however they see a lot more than I do. I think most of the interviews touched on my dedication for my passion for my work involving animals which I do tend to focus on. I try my best to be the things that they say but don't always feel like I accomplish that so its nice to know they feel that way. I wouldn't necessarily make any corrections and I'm flattered by what my friends and family had to say.

3 comments:

  1. My family said more about me than I had to say about myself as well. I took it as a huge confidence boost, personally. I struggled with identifying my own human capital. It's great that they recognized your passion, as well. I think it's very important when your closest family and friends know your dreams and goals because they hold you accountable when you can't. Check out my blog http://stent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    It was really sweet to see how much your Mom loves you and appreciates who you are.
    The central theme seemed to be how caring of a person you are, not only towards other people but also towards animals. Everyone seemed to touch on to how hard-working and passionate you are, especially about your future career path.
    It is always interesting to see how what you think of yourself relates to what others think of you.
    You seem like a great person with awesome friends and a lot going for you! Keep up the great work!
    Check out my blog post here: http://amyent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachel,
    I really enjoyed your secret sauce interviews. What really stood out most to me was in your own description of yourself you talked about passion. Passion is the one thing about a person that is unmeasurable from the outside, but when you have it, it will drive you until you accomplish your goal. When you couple passion with a strong work ethic then you have just made the perfect sauce. I did not do this exercise, but I will send you my first elevator pitch so you can see what my idea is about.
    You can check out my blog at: http://9to5isoverrated.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no1.html

    ReplyDelete