Sunday, April 10, 2016

Celebrating Failure- Rachel Mead

1. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of failures this past semester is Calculus 1. I mean I LITERALLY failed and had to drop the course. Despite attending office hours, earning extra credit, seeing a tutor every week, and using MANY online resources, I still could not pass this class.

2. I've learned that somehow, it will be okay. Although I have some pressure to complete my critical tracking requirements, my adviser gave me guidance and I have a plan.

3. In general, failure is hard. However, it's a part of life and a reality we all face. And if you're willing to accept that fact, it isn't the hardest thing we have to deal with. It can in fact, be one of the most beneficial things that happens. Not only am I better prepared to retake this course, but it's also helped me realize I really need to bring my game for other classes as well. As for this class, I think my risk taking skills are about the same, but I have definitely become more confident interviewing people and asking questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment