Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 13 Reading Reflection- Rachel Mead

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
I really liked that in this chapter, the author provided many examples of each topic he was addressing such as "Due Diligence Evaluation", "Checklist for Analyzing a Business", and "Methods for Venture Valuation". This helped make his points clear and organized. 
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I got confused when the author wrote about the discounted earnings method. I understood his explanation about why products lose value and therefore money, but I was unsure what the definition of the discounted earnings method was. 
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask the author if he believes there were any businesses in the past that have failed that would be more successful now. I'd also ask if he thinks there are current failed businesses that would be more successful in the future?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I may not have understood the author but when he talks about avoiding start up costs, he states that even if you pay a higher price for your start up, it's still lesser than what you should be paying and I found that somewhat contradictory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment