Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Very Short Interview, Part 2- Rachel Mead

Looking back at my original questions for Linda Benjamin, I asked pretty general questions that I could have asked any entrepreneur. However, miss Linda still gave very detailed and thought out responses. This time, I would like to ask more specific questions pertaining to her particular business. The questions I asked Linda are as follows:
1. If you were to change the location of your business (or add a new location) and place it anywhere in the world, where it would be and why?
2. If you chose to start another business, would it be similar or completely different than Paradise Pops and why? 
3. What businesses have inspired you and what qualities did they have that you've tried incorporating into Paradise Pops?

Here are miss Linda's responses:
1. We would add more location to beach communities that have a massive concentration of tourists. In particular, cruise ship passengers and hotel guests.
2. It would be similar as the food business is my passion. I enjoy sharing good food with people and pops make everyone smile.
3. My friend Amy owns a bakery and she inspired me. Her attention to style and detail are impeccable. She has a created a loyal following and her products are unique and delicious. I also admire Richard Branson. He is the billionaire who started the Virgin Companies. His sound approach to entrepreneurship and business are inspiring. His love for life has allowed him to touch many lives around the world. I hope this is helpful.

I was much more comfortable speaking to Linda Benjamin because I had gotten a response from her before so it made me less nervous waiting to hear back from this time. In the beginning, I wasn't exactly sure what types of questions to ask and I think my questions for the second interview were more thought out. I truly did not feel that she conveyed any sense that I had advanced in my entrepreneurship skills but I appreciate the time she took to answer the questions I had for her with sincere thought and detail.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    That's awesome that you were so much more comfortable speaking to Linda this time around! Even if she did not explicitly convey that your entrepreneurship skills had improved, that alone proves that they have. It sounds like you've grown and learned from this experience, and that is something you will be able to take with you into the future.

    Here is the link to my post as well: http://marissaent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-no-2-with-teresa.html

    Great job!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I like that you asked your entrepreneur questions about her company this time around. It gives you insight to her thought process and how she plans things for her business. You can often learn from others a great deal, and it was really nice of her to share these thoughts with you. This time around we definitely have a deeper understanding of what it takes to be an entrepreneur, starting your own company, and things that have to be taken into consideration. If you're interested, here is my interview with my entrepreneur: http://niblaidoc.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete