Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week 14 Reading Reffection- Rachel Mead

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Something that stood out to me was the term intrapreneurship. I have never heard of this term before but like the concept. I think it is a great way to maximize creative potential. Involving all the perspectives a company is made up of I think will make a very successful business.  
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I was confused trying to read the table "Sources of and Solutions to Obstacles in Corporate Venturing". Some of the terms just didn't make sense to me or I didn't understand a phrase such as "Control against plan".
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask the author how to know when your entrepreneurial journey is successful and also when to know when it's time to stop investing in an unsuccessful venture and try again. 
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I didn't necessarily agree that the table "Issued viewed by entrepreneurs/owners" was that important. Although the issues mentioned are in general topics that need attention, I feel like not many entrepreneurs need to focus on them in terms of their business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment