Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection- Rachel Mead

       I think the most memorable experience was speaking to an entrepreneur. I enjoyed this the most because you get real, personal advice and I was able to see how realistic my ideas could be. It made me feel like I actually could pursue my ideas and turn them into a business because someone I know was able to do it. I was also proud that I interviewed so many people. It made me much more confident. My most joyous experience was planning out my exit strategy because it gave me a sense of completion as if I could have actually created a business successfully. 
       I definitely feel more like an entrepreneur now. I am much more likely to start developing new ideas and projects at work and have more confidence to project my visions. I have certainly moved closer to having an entrepreneurial mindset. 
       I would just recommend students to not hold back. We all have to go through this class together and are required to do the same work and assignments so to do the best you can. Also stay on top of work so that you don't fall short in a class that is actually giving you an experience and not just facts. If I were to take this class over again, I would set aside one day to just knock out all the assignments for a week or two. 
Image result for finish line

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, I also put that my most memorable experience was talking with the fellow entrepreneur that I interviewed. I think I got the most out of my conversation with an actual entrepreneur because they could offer relevant advice. I like that your advice to students is to not hold back because I think this class really involves you to go out of your comfort zone so holding back will keep you from succeeding. Check out my blog http://carolinemurray4343.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    I am surprised your most memorable experience was talking to an entrepreneur. That was the assignment many people dreaded, but I too also liked that assignment because I was able to interview a good friend of mine that is a successful entrepreneur. I also enjoyed your picture. It is important to stay motivated in this class and to not fall short just because of laziness. Here is my final reflection.

    http://andreasentspace.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    -ANdrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Rachel! Great job on this post!
    At first I want to say that I love your blog's layout, it is very pleasing to the eye :). I agree that talking to entrepreneurs was a really important part of this class, we learn a lot from talking to people that went through the grinding process of making your start up fly and survived. I also really liked the fact that the dynamic environment of this class forced us to get out of our comfort zone, because our grades are dependent on it. I dreaded this class for most of the semester because it made us talk to strangers, but now looking back I see that the entire point of this is to make us better entrepreneurs, and we need to be able to do things like that in a daily basis. If you are ever bored, read my blog posts! Feedback is always appreciated. http://gcwindow.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete