Friday, January 15, 2016

Bug List- Rachel Mead

1. Emergency Broadcast Tests are very unpleasant to listen to and ironically make me feel unsafe.
Why this exists: To ensure important warnings or announcements will be passed to viewers.

2. I get a little too frustrated when wifi cuts out because it interrupts my work.
Why this exists: Poor range of signals.

3. There's nothing worse than wearing uncomfortable contacts. I get so distracted until I'm able to take them out.
Why this exists: Contacts dry out quickly.

4. Actual bugs bother me. Insects give me nightmares.
Why this exists: Bugs have a bad reputation.

5. Bad customer service (particularly my apartment management) can ruin my entire day. I called them 24 times before getting an issue solved recently.
Why this exists: Poor training and lack of organization.

6. Trying to hang up a picture is frustrating because there are so many obstacles from furniture being in the way to not being able to hang it up straight.
Why this exists: Not enough tools to help other than levels.

7. Walking through wet grass can be so uncomfortable. It gets your shoes, pants, and skin dirty.
Why this exists: Not having waterproof shoes.

8. It really bothers me when people talk with food in their mouths. It grossing me out so much that my food is unappetizing.
Why this exists: People aren't taught good manners.

9. When people don't use their blinkers correctly it makes me wonder how many car accidents they've caused.
Why this exists: People aren't cautious of their surroundings.

10. Stop lights that take too long can back up traffic three lights behind it.
Why this exists: Not enough lights with sensors.

11. When clothes shrink I feel like I completely wasted my money.
Why this exists: Not enough pre-shrunk clothes.

12. Vacuums that don't pick up hair leave floors filthy.
Why this exists: design of the vacuum cleaner.

13. Tight parking spots are really tricky when you have to park a small car between two large ones.
Why this exists: Parking garages trying to fit as many spaces as possible in one area.

14. Glasses that slide down your face are almost pointless in having.
Why this exists: Poor design of glasses

15. Driving is almost impossible when the steering wheel is too hot or cold.
Why this exists: Material of the car

16. It's so awful when my dog gets hitchhikers on her fur and I have to pull them off because it hurts her.
Why this exists: Dogs walk in the grass

17. People who don't like animals seriously concern me.
Why this exists: I love animals too much.

18. I hate when I get saltwater in my eyes at the beach because it burns and doesn't go away.
Why this exists: Not wearing goggles in the water.

19. When water tastes like the plastic bottle it was in, it makes me feel bad.
Why this exists: Cheap plastic water bottles

20. Sensitive fire alarms are really annoying because it makes it really hard to cook.
Why this exists: My apartment uses cheap equipment. 

I truly didn't expect this assignment to be difficult but it was really hard to come up with reasoning for each "bug". As I was forming this list, I realized how minor these problems were and felt like they weren't even things worth mentioning. However, it does make me realize how many possible innovations can be created in response to some of these "bugs". A lot of the "bugs" didn't even really have legitimate reasons as to why they exist. It was easy to come up with "bugs" just not why they bothered me or exist.  



1 comment:

  1. I could not agree with you more. This assignment I did not think was going to be hard, but boy was I wrong. It is hard to put into perspective that we have over 20 bugs that bother us. I really like how thorough you were with all of your bugs. Great post, thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete