Sunday, January 31, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 1- Rachel Mead

My opportunity idea was to offer a service where students can sign into a study room and get paid for how long they study for. Of course, there would be requirements and rules but for the sake of brevity, I won’t go into detail. This service would meet the needs of the many students who find it difficult to allot their time appropriately between work and school. I asked my customers how often they study, what would motivate them to study more, and if they would utilize a service that pays them to study. After interviewing customers, I think my idea would be successful because some of the people I interviewed said they would study more if they were getting paid before I even asked if they would use a service that does exactly that. However, interviewing customers was pretty challenging. The part that made me the most nervous was waiting for a stranger’s agreement to participate. It made me realize that you can get rejected before you even present what you have to offer. 

5 comments:

  1. I view studying to be a self-motivated and an intrisic activity. Therefore, I thought your idea was very interesting. However, while the opportunity seems like a good idea in theory, I don't think it's an opportunity that would benefit society as a whole. In addition, it would be hard to find funding for this as well.
    I really liked you method of interviewing and the questions that you asked. Your interviews were successfully completed which is admimrable since a lot of people are hesitatnt to be filmed and allow the footage to be put online.
    Here is the link to my blog!
    http://jaryprinent.blogspot.com/2016/01/interviewing-customers-number-1-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have a very unique idea! The only thing I could see as the downfall is that the schools would run out of funding. However, if the scholarship money and other things of that nature were all compiled together as well as any other ways for the school to get money, I think it would be a great idea! When you mentioned it, I immediately thought of how my parents life insurance pays them a set amount each month if they attend a planet fitness at least "X" number of times per month. I think if the schools did this incentive program similar to the insurance companies, students would be much more successful. Not to mention that it would become more affordable for students to attend a major university. Everything about this idea seems very positive on the world! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! Your idea about how to fund it is actually really interesting and you have a really good point! I was leaning towards getting funding from grants but I really like your suggestion. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. That's a clever idea but I'm not sure how much a school could pay kids to study! However, that would definitely increase students study habits and it would definitely boost the schools over all gpas! Great idea and great interviews, you can see my interview here, though it isn't as great as yours! http://collinpd.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-no-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a very clever idea. I think paying and giving students a push could definitely be the start of increasing GPAs, which would lead to an increased rank. This thought has never even crossed my mind, but especially for schools that need a bit of a boost this could be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete