Saturday, January 30, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection- Rachel Mead

1)    What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
     I really liked on page 138 the section about eliminating muddling mindsets. Although I think it’s important to be able to recognize design flaws and what not, if you focus on that too much it can really hinder the bigger picture from happening.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you. 
    I was confused when the author said “things and people exist in the world in relation 
    to other things and people.” I honestly have no clue what this means.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why? 
    After reading this chapter, I would ask the author which type of creativity (relationship,       event, inner, spontaneous) seems to be the most common that people practice? On that     note, I would also want to know which of these is most successful?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree         with what she or he said? How?

     I really disagreed with table 5.2 in chapter 5. It specifies differences between adaptors          and innovators and says that Innovators questions basic assumptions but I feel that the       comments about adaptors are basic assumptions. I thought this chart did point out some       things that were correct but overall  was somewhat generalized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment