Friday, January 22, 2016

Top 5 World Problems- Rachel Mead

Top 5 Problems:
1. Global Warming- If we destroy our planet, we literally won't exist and this is why I think this is the most important issue.
2. Poverty- Living without the necessities (food, water, shelter) is no way to live
3. Depression and Suicide- No one should feel like life isn't worth living
4. Chronic Diseases and Illnesses- This can (not always) take away someone's ability to live life to the fullest.
5. Animal Cruelty- Animal lives matter too. If we continue to let populations become extinct, it ultimately affects the human race as well.

Top 5 Solutions:
1. Solution to Poverty: Offering products that donate money to organizations is the most implementable because this solution is already being practiced.
2. Solution for Chronic Disease: More fresh food options have already been offered and can continue to increase.
3. Solution to Self Image: Edit free magazines and campaigns are starting to become more popular and have a lot of encouragement.
4. Solution to Equality: Continuing to demand equality laws. This is already becoming more successful.
5. Solution for Depression and Suicide: Education on bullying and acceptance needs more programs and promotion.Pawel Kuczynski satirical art 23

4 comments:

  1. I liked some of the problems that you listed. Global warming is definitely an issues that should be addressed much more. However, as far as poverty, what else do you think could help solve the problem outside of things already being practiced?

    Check out my top 5 @ http://anicentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that if nothing is done about global warming and the systems that cause it, the latter will perpetuate why poverty exists. Finding viable solutions to climate change I believe can be part of the solution of alleviating poverty, with new ways that economically disadvantaged communities can generate long-term income with development where they are.

    My blogpost: http://olivertelusmaiteblog3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, that was a pretty good list. However I am surprised that there was no mention of Terrorism or war. Those seem like pretty non existential threats to humanity like global warming and suicide. Maybe your problems were meant to be broad but I found them not specific at all. Animal cruelty is preposterously included in that list though. I can not find it in me to call that one of the 5 biggest problems that the world faces today. Sounds nice but comon.
    Check out my blog: http://entrepreneurshipwithq.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you take the time to read my Top 10 problems (which aren't in any particular order), there is more detail there, as this assignment was just to explain why I chose these issues as my top 5. Maybe I should've included terrorism, however I didn't think of it at the time of making my top 10 issues, which is where these problems derived from. I included animal cruelty because we are driving many species to extinction, which is wrong in and of itself, and also affects the human race as a whole. However, I think your comment is not constructive whatsoever and just rude. There are professional and respectful ways to be honest about your opinion. Just because my views are different than yours does not make them "preposterous" and I don't need to "comon".

      Delete