Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 2

The feedback on my last pitch was pretty positive. Some of the comments included questions about how I would obtain the money to pay students for studying and how I would monitor their studying. 

Overall, the comments seemed to support my idea and confirmed that this program would motivate more people to study and it would be nice to have a reward for hours of hard work. 

As for this assignment, there were not any comments I thought were wrong. The only thing I could really say I was surprised about were that one of the comments (still positive) had various suggestions and questions that showed me the idea needs more planning and attention in certain areas.

 In this pitch, I described more how I would obtain money for this program and how students would be monitored while they study. 

4 comments:

  1. This is genius. Studying is already a must and being paid will be more of a motivation for students to study. Good job! i really hope you can move forward and implement this. I support you. Here is my post http://cristalsicard.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your idea. It never occurred to me how simple an idea like this was literally in front of us the whole time.
    Like many others before me, I'm sure you've been asked the logistics of how this idea will come to be.
    For instance, with this particular idea, would you open it for everyone? What if the student is already a 4.0 GPA scholastic individual? Would you still extend the same idea to them, even though you know you will probably lose money?
    (Basically, are there requirements before being allowed to even join this studying-bandwagon?)

    Overall, I think this is a really neat idea, and all the inquiries that I had are just some things that I noticed.

    Check mine out if you want: http://laurenent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,

    This is a very cool idea. I know I would definitely study more if I was getting paid for it! Maybe it would be possible to partner with Florida Bright Futures and allow people to receive more scholarship money if they showed they were working hard and earning their tuition.

    Thanks for sharing! Here's a link to my elevator pitch if you're interested. http://jamestyrrell.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-number-2-chug.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,

    Good elevator pitch! You were very focused and to the point. I really like that you are trying to solve the problem of working and going to school because I have certainly felt the struggle to make money and balance a full course load. It terms of making money, I think you really have to get creative with how this could be profitable. Making this a non-profit that relies on donations to pay the students studying could be one way of making it work. Maybe the students could do their homework and at the end of every hour they would take a survey that another company pays you to administer and you could make money that way. Good idea. Just have to figure out how to make it profitable. Here's my pitch if you want to check it out: http://cassandrathe.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete