Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5 Reading Reflection- Rachel Mead

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
One point the author brought up was “Ignorance of Legal Issues”. This is an aspect of entrepreneurship that I rarely think about but should more often. Mostly when I think about the legality of an idea, I immediately jump to patent laws and paperwork and forget that there still needs to be safety regulations and precautions as well.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Not too much of this chapter seemed confusing. I would say the only thing I found confusing was when the author got into the different types of feasibilities only because it was a lot of information on various aspects. But overall, I was able to follow along in this chapter.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask the author the statistics on successful start ups as well as if there are any factors not mentioned in this chapter that make an idea stand out more.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

I think the author put too much emphasis on entrepreneurs not understanding the technicality of an idea. I think this is the area where most entrepreneurs focus on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment