Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half-Way Reflection- Rachel Mead

1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
I have been keeping up with this class by doing assignments in bulk since they are usually short. The amount of time spent doing a certain amount of assignments is equivalent to the time spent studying for other classes.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I think the most frustrating part for me has been recording my assignments. This is different from other classes and does make some of the work much harder and requires a significant amount of effort. This is also a good thing though and has taught me to plan ahead. I think this class has definitely encouraged me to be more tenacious and it helps that my grade (which is determined by myself) depends on the work I truthfully complete. 
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
I would tell next semester's students to work ahead especially when recordings are needed. In order to develop a tenacious mindset I would recommend reflecting more often, possibly every other weekend, to stay focused. Another tip I would offer is to take advantage of the extra credit ahead of time just in case you can't complete an assignment.  

3 comments:

  1. I agree that keeping up with the assignments is one of the best factors in staying ahead of the class. I try to finish my work at least a few days before the assigned due date if possible. I also agree that recording my assignments is difficult too. However, it is mostly because I am a more reserved person and am not completely comfortable in recording myself and others. With one of your tips for students in a future semester, it is a good idea to stay ahead with your assignments and to also take extra credit whenever possible. Sometimes you may miss an assignment for some reason and you need the extra credit to help make up for the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my link: http://entintheair.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    I too try to finish most assignments for this class all at once. I talked about this in my post that I will link down below, but I completely agree with you. To me, this is the best way to stay on top of assignments in this class, plus it's always a great feeling finishing your work early. I definitely agree with you when you say that recording is the most difficult task and I agree with you, I have never really had to record for any other class and if I have it hasn't been this much. A lot of students are mentioning working ahead in their three tips so i'm starting to think it is a really affective way to do well in this class. I also really like how you mentioned taking advantage of the extra credit. I didn't think about including that! Great work!
    Here is my post: http://shainaent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete