Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection- Rachel Mead

1)    What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
I like that this article focused on advertising and how the connection a product makes is more important than its functions. When I come up with an idea, I’m very excited about what it can do and offer but need to keep in mind what it can mean for the customer.
2)    Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I didn’t feel like the author really explained what segmentation was. This term popped up throughout the entire reading and I never really got an idea of what it actually meant.
3)    If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask the author if he thinks that products are now harder to advertise because of the extensive technology we have incorporated into products, thus raising people’s expectations. I would also ask how he thinks a larger majority of people can be targeted so that a product can relate to most individuals instead of a certain population.
4)    Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

The only thing I disagreed with was the importance of senior opinions. Although I do think they have some say in whether a not a product should be changed, I think most of them understand and have experienced that times change and evolve and it’s good to have young minds working to appeal to the larger population. 

No comments:

Post a Comment