Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection- Rachel Mead

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
I was unaware that there were other places besides banks that are able to loan money. I really liked the diagram the author included describing the various types of lenders and each of their details.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I was a little confused about debt-financing and what it is. To me, the word debt just sounds bad so I was unsure how debt-financing works because it doesn't sound beneficial.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
I would ask the author what types of businesses ask which types of lenders for money and I would also ask if certain lenders are more likely to support one type of business over another.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I disagreed with the author when he spoke about the myths on Venture Capitalists. He says it's untrue that they want control of the business but that they do want to be consulted with major decisions and that they expect unreasonably high returns on investments. I felt this was somewhat contradictory and even though they may not want to have complete control, it sounds like they want the power and authority and maybe some of the credit as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment